Translate

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

ROLLING STONES AMERICAN TOUR Vol. 1 (The Rolling Stones)

Now it's Holy Grail time. Holy Grail Bootlegs that is. Okay let us jump back in our time machine to one of my favorite years in my life time and for stones bootlegs. I offer up from my vinyl bootleg collection the 1975 tour Rolling Stones American Tour 75 (Volume 1). Recorded July 9, 1975 at The Fabulous Forum, Inglewood, California. Enjoy.....



 TOUR INFO HERE



 Here are the Side 1 & 2 Labels to this bootleg. Not Sure if it was spare vinyl they had or an attempt to cover up what they were pressing at the time. If you know the answer leave a comment. Perhaps Tommy over @ House Of Horrors has an answer.......


Be Sure To Return For VOL. 2....Being Ripped As I Post This.

3 comments:

  1. I'm only speculating here as I really have no clue but I would guess that because the bootleggers were always moving around from record pressing plant to plant to try to find someone to bribe that worked there and get them to press their records, that whereever this was pressed they had some spare unused labels around and slapped them on as both an attempt to cover up and avoid the cost of printing a label. I also speculate that this is probably a first pressing of some sorts....can anyone else chime in here??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gentleman that runs Amazing Kornyphone blog tried to post the following in your comments but was having some problems so here's the cut and paste of what he wrote-

    Perhaps you can post this for me as I have failed twice now:

    HOLY GRAIL seems to have been a copy label that operated around 1977. dbboots states that this was a copy of disc one of “L.A. Fog” (2LP) or “Smoking Stones” (2LP) (SS being itself a copy of LAF). L.A. FOG may be one of the last bootlegs TMoQ founder Dub Taylor ever produced. It was the final title of his six release spanning “deluxe” 8xxx series with printed b&w covers and came out in the second half of 1976.

    The labels seen here may have been used because they happened to be lying around and seemed like a good choice to throw the FBI off if there was ever a raid at the pressing plant.

    There were other titles with Holy Grail labels as well (Led Zeppelin for sure) – does anyone know of any confirmed titles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey many thanks to Tommy & Amazing Kornyphone for the info. I am going to look for those Lp's. L.A.Fog and Smoking Stones to add to my collection. Blog on my vinyl brothers....

    ReplyDelete